WEBSITE DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
- Experienced UI / UX designer for web and SharePoint 2010.
- Familiar with structured web development process, including sitemap creation, content auditing, requirements gathering, design comp iteration, usability testing, and quality control debugging.
STRATEGY & COMMUNICATIONS MANAGEMENT
- Several years’ experience creating successful online fundraising campaigns.
- One stop shop for graphic needs: photo editing, newsletters, advertisements, pamphlets, business cards, logos.
- Track-record for meeting tight deadlines and demonstrated efficiency in high-pressure environments.
- Ability to help clients conceptualize exciting, design consistent ideas to promote their brand.
SOFTWARE & APPLICATIONS
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, and Flash.
- Additional knowledge of Adobe Contribute, Fireworks, Lightroom, and Soundbooth.
- Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, Access & SharePoint 2010.
- Mastery of content management systems (CMS) such as Convio, GetActive, Kintera and Interaction CRM.
Freelance Web Developer & Graphic Designer (2010—Present)
- Design and develop websites for clients with a focus on politics, real estate, and retail.
- WordPress site implementation and full customization of themes to suit client needs.
- Establishment of social media presence for clients across Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other platforms.
- Production of multimedia features including customized Google Maps (API), Flash animations, and Processing.
- Search Engine Optimization using metadata and content keyword tagging.
Director of Communications • Northeast Analysis, Honesdale, PA (2014-2015)
- Developed media strategy for an IT startup endeavor, which included social media, print collateral, and websites.
- Interviewed and managed a small team of communications professionals.
- Established operating procedures for entire communications department and staff.
- Strategized with corporate leadership to grow business opportunities.
Information Designer • The Vanguard Group, Malvern, PA (2011—2014)
- Responsible for designing user-friendly interfaces (UI) for internal Vanguard software and web properties.
- Experience prototyping responsive websites compatible with mobile devices (iPad) and desktops.
- Conduct usability testing with focus groups to ensure best design is produced.
- Sharepoint 2010 customization and administration experience.
Webmaster • The German Marshall Fund of the United States, Washington, D.C. (2007—2011)
- Managed small web and graphic design shop supporting an international organization of 150+ employees.
- Responsible for maintaining all GMFUS web properties, including gmfus.org; brusselsforum.org; transatlantictrends.org, and halifaxforum.org.
- Designed and built websites for conferences, opinion surveys, and academic research; more than 15 robust websites in a 3-year period.
- Responsible for content updates, live-streaming, and creation of multimedia galleries during fast-paced events.
- Designed and coded HTML newsletters reflecting company branding and implemented cross-browser testing.
- Reported website metrics and AdWord campaign success with Google Analytics.
- Regularly explored tech solutions to overcome limitations of GMFs aging site and troubleshot page load errors, and security compromises, and issues affecting usability.
- Negotiated content sharing partnership with Fora.tv
Webmaster • Common Cause, Washington, D.C. (2005—2007)
- Oversaw www.commoncause.org and 38 state chapter web pages using Kintera.
- Designed animations, blog ads, graphics, and campaign branding using Fireworks and Photoshop.
- Responsible for “Causenets” (email advocacy, action alerts, fundraising appeals.)
- Analyzed web metrics, A/B testing, email open rates, online donations, and advertising conversion rates.
- Provided Kintera training/support to Common Cause’s state chapters.
- Developed new strategies for future fundraising growth, increased web traffic, and youth outreach.
Webmaster • National Association of Mortgage Brokers, McLean, VA (2005)
- Maintained www.namb.org using Dreamweaver, HTML code
- Produced a weekly electronic newsletter concerning the mortgage broker industry.
- Photoshoped new graphics for NAMB website.
- Utilized GetActive (Convio) to send email alerts/advocacy campaigns to members and press contacts.
- Monitored web traffic and email campaign metrics.
- Drafted press releases; compiled news clips.
Specialty Media Coordinator • Democratic National Committee, Washington, D.C. ( 2004)
- Assistant to DNC Press Secretary; provided topical research, drafted press releases, pitched story ideas to media, and organized national press conferences.
- Familiarity with extensive vetting processes; employed HTML while sending mass emails to press lists.
- Authored blog posts for the Democrats.org website.
- Compiled clip packets of voting discrepancies for the DNC Voter Protection Task Force.
- Crafted open-editorials (Op-Eds) that were later successfully placed in national newspapers.
- Staffed a frenzied press line with much diplomacy and tact.
Radio Coordinator • Democratic National Committee, Washington D.C. (2004)
- Created database of radio stations in battleground states, eliminating obsolete information from 2000 election cycle; new database was useful throughout Kerry campaign.
- Cold-called 100+ talk radio stations daily to pitch show topics and guests.
- Recorded actualities, edited speech into sound bites, and distributed audio files to stations.
Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec; B of FA, Computation Arts (on-going)
University of Glasgow, Scotland; M.A. (Honors), Russian and Eastern European Studies
Moscow State Linguistic University, Russia: Study Exchange
Continuing Education Certificates in Adobe Photoshop, Flash, Dreamweaver, and CSS